Cicely Mary Barker’s beloved Flower Fairies™ are an enduring vision of elegance and beauty.
Her exquisitely delicate and intricate colour illustrations have captivated children and adults alike for more than 85 years. Now, for the first time, five of her beautiful fairies are introduced not only to ribbon embroidery and stumpwork fans, but to all needlecrafters who enjoy creative three-dimensional embroidery.
With numerous new ideas and techniques, this book has been designed to appeal to both beginners and advanced embroiderers. Easy-to-follow, close-up photography and step-by-step instructions will show you how to:
• Embroider the exquisite flowers and leaves in silk and organza ribbon
• Make the delicate stumpwork wings in organza and silky threads
• Use organza and silk ribbon to make appliqué leaves and petals
• Make charming stumpwork insects
• Dress the fairies in layers of organza and embroider their hair
• Embroider the fairies’ clothing in long and short stitch – the easy way
• Create three-dimensional designs using colour, texture and shapes.
The five Flower Fairies™ taught in this book are the Periwinkle Fairy, Black Medick Fairies, White Clover Fairy, Stork’s-Bill Fairy and the Red Clover Fairy.